This 88,000 SF sport facility is the first public recreation center in the Kansas City metro area to receive LEED certification. New Century Fieldhouse, built for Johnson County Parks and Recreation District, received a LEED Gold certifcation. Once a vacant warehouse, the new facility incorporates a variety of sustainable features and is a wonderful example of adaptive reuse.
- 4 main basketball courts with high quality athletic flooring
- 8 volleyball courts (on the basketball courts)
- 4 Futsal courts (on the basketball courts)
- Astroturf soccer field area
- Separate multi-purpose room
- Party rooms
- New west entry into building
The core area of the building houses a new reception area, administration offices, restrooms, elevator, two concession areas, and an observation/seating area on the mezzanine level.